Proving Two Triangles are Congruent
By definition, two triangles are congruent if and only if all their corresponding parts are congruent.
- What are the ways to prove triangle congruence? a. For any triangle b. For right triangles
b. for right triangles
- What are the two congruent triangles in Activity 1 and 2?
Ans: Activity 1: PQR equal SQR
Ans: Activity 2: PMJ equal OMI
- How can you prove that the two triangles are congruent?
Two triangles are congruent if their vertices can be paired so that
corresponding sides are congruent and corresponding angles are
- What have you learned from the lesson?
CPCTC is an acronym for corresponding parts of congruent triangles
are congruent. It is commonly used at or near the end of a proof which
asks the student to show that two angles or two sides are congruent.
- How can you apply it to real-life situation/s?
Through the use and prove triangle congruence as well as you can write formal proofs to establish and justify triangle congruence.