Phases of Meiosis
Since cell division occurs twice during meiosis, one starting cell can produce four gametes (eggs or sperm). In each round of division, cells go through four stages: prophase, metaphase, anaphase, and telophase.
31. During what phase of meiosis does the crossing-over of homologous pairs of chromosomes occur’
a. prophase I b. metaphase I c. anaphase I d: telophase 1
32. Which of the following is not a characteristic of meiosis?
- a. It has two successive nuclear divisions.
- b. It involves reproductive cells.
- c. It results in a reduction of the chromosomal number of daughter cells.
- d. It results in daughter cells with a diploid number of chromosomes.
33. Which of the following taxonomic ranks is the broadest?
a. Genus b. family c. Class d. order
34. The scientific name of rice is ayza sativa. Which is the genus name of the organism? a sativa b. Oryza c. Oryza sativa d. rice
35. Nematocysts are stinging cells of animals belonging to phylum_______
a. Porifera b. Annelida c. Cnidaria d. Nematode
36 A group of similar organisms and capable of reproducing their own kind is called?
a. population b community c. Species d. family
- Which of the following does not belong to the group?
a. bamboo b.avocado c. jackfruit d. santol
- All of the following are examples of monocot, EXCEPT?
a. avocado b. rice c. corn coconut