English Teacher, Alookie Elementary School, Pangnirtung, NU Canada $76,506 Per Year
Alookie Elementary School English Teacher, Indeterminate
School: Alookie Elementary School
Community: Pangnirtung, Nunavut
Qikiqtani School Operations invites applications for the following position:
Reference # ALO 1920 14591 A
Closing date: Open Until Filled
Start Date: August 2019
The position is full-time (1.0) Indeterminate
School Description: Alookie School is a K-5 school with approximately 180 students
- Must be eligible for Nunavut Professional Teaching Certificate
- Subject knowledge, training and experience relevant to the assignment
- Experience and / or training with current assessment methods
- Evidence of differentiated instruction and inclusive practices
• Experience and / or training in classroom management practices and the development of positive learning environments (eg. Restitution, Tribes, Positive Effective Behavior Supports, etc.)
- Cross-cultural and/or northern teaching experience
- Evidence of training and / or experience in the area of Balanced Literacy
- Training and / or teaching experience in an ESL environment
• Evidence / experience building positive relationships with students, colleagues, parents, stakeholders
• Skills / training using education-related information technology ie SMART Board Applications
- Planning skills (lesson, theme, unit, year, and student support plans)
- Inuktut language proficiency is an asset
Please note: Subsidized staff housing is available, unless otherwise specified; sharing may be required.
Salary: $76,506 – $119,961
The Northern Allowance for Pangnirtung, Nunavut is $19,077
Qikiqtani School Operations is committed to:
- Promotion of the Inuktut Language and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit (Inuit Societal Values)
- Improving Student Literacy
- Inclusive Education
Resiliency, adaptability and resourcefulness are assets to employment and northern life.
To apply please email your resume (in Word or PDF), a copy of current certification or proof of enrollment in the final year of a Canadian Bachelor of Education program, along with the names of three references (including the name of your most recent supervisor) to:
Note: Attachments over 10mb will not be accepted.
Ensure you put the position number that you are applying for in the subject line of your email. Attach a cover letter and resume with the names of 3 current references (including your most recent supervisor).
Applicants from outside Nunavut must provide a copy of a current public-school teaching certificate from a jurisdiction recognized by the Nunavut Department of Education or proof of enrollment in the final year of a Canadian Bachelor of Education program. Applications that do not include this documentation will not be considered.
Current Government of Nunavut employees must hold a valid Nunavut teaching certificate and must submit a current Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) before appointment to the position can be finalized.
External applicants (not currently employed by the Government of Nunavut) must submit a current Criminal Record Check (CRC) and a Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) before appointment to the position can be finalized.
Note: CRC and VSC forms expire after 6 months, please ensure these are up to date.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada at the time of application.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Only applicants short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
The Government of Nunavut is committed to a more representative workforce to best serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit.
This job advertisement is only authorized for external posting on the Apply to Education Website (applytoeducation.com). If you are reading this on any other commercial job-posting site, it is not an authorized posting of Qikiqtani School Operations.
Disclaimer: We, at Quotes, are not recruiters nor an agency. We are only sharing job opportunities and advertisements across multiple countries. We do not claim ownership of all of the posts and all are owned by their respective owners. If you feel that any post/s are fraudulent and/or misused or violating any copyrights, please contact us and we will take action accordingly. Although we post ads from authentic and/or registered sources, we cannot assure that all postings are valid and legitimate. It is the sole responsibility of the user to be vigilant if any company asks for fees or money and beware of scammers. In no circumstances shall Quotes is no liable for any damages including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, or consequential damages or other losses arising out of the use of information from Quotes.