English Language Arts Teacher in Canada
English Language Arts Teacher in Canada. The Academic Grade 10-12 English Language Arts Teacher is responsible for delivering in-class instruction in the subject of Grade 10-12 English Language Arts to Indigenous Adult Learners.
English Language Arts Teacher
DEPARTMENT: Aboriginal Community Campus
COMPETITION NUMBER: 2020ACC-ET01
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 4:00 p.m., Wednesday, April 29, 2020
SALARY/WAGE: $22.21 per hour
POSITION TYPE: Term, full-time, 37.5 hours per week, unionized position. Term ends June 30, 2020.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
The teacher must have the ability to teach English Language Arts at the Secondary Level, as evidenced through curriculum specialization in these fields, training and experience. This role requires coaching, motivating, monitoring, and tracking the progress of students enrolled in the course. The incumbent will conduct themselves in accordance with professional practices consistent with the Aboriginal Community Campus systems, policies, procedures and protocols.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare lessons and assignments according to an approved curriculum and Indigenous community context.
- Curriculum delivery in an engaging and participatory manner and with a community development focus.
- Prepare, administer and correct tests.
- Teach students through lectures, open discussions, audio-video presentations as needed; prepare resources for classroom discussion when necessary.
- Research information to ensure the curriculum is current.
- Identify the needs of individual students and work to help each student develop his or her potential.
- Meet with students to confer and provide feedback with regards to their work.
- Provide students with various evaluation opportunities for success.
- Identify emotional, intellectual, physical, and/or any other issues which may be hindering the student from learning to his or her best potential, and recommend an appropriate course of action.
- Present a professional yet caring demeanour at all times towards students and staff.
- Plan, coordinate and participate in school and student activities.
- Bachelor of Education Degree; valid Manitoba Provincial Teaching Certificate.
- 1-2 years of experience is considered an asset but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated understanding of Indigenous culture within Indigenous Adult Learning environments.
- Experience working with adult learners (18+ years and older).
- Demonstrate the ability for innovative curriculum delivery.
- Ability to provide effective experiential learning.
Please submit a resume and cover letter citing competition number by 4:00 p.m., Wednesday, April 29, 2020, in one of the following manners:
1. Email employerrep (at) abcentre (dot) org
2. Visit www.cahrd.org/jobs to apply online
Indeed will not automatically attach your resume when someone applies through their website.
Preference will be given to Indigenous candidates (Status, Non-status, Métis, or Inuit). Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reference ID: 34243
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $22.21 /hour
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
Disclaimer: We, at Quotes, are not recruiters nor an agency. We are only sharing job opportunities and advertisements across multiple countries. We do not claim ownership of all of the posts and all are owned by their respective owners. If you feel that any post/s are fraudulent and/or misused or violating any copyrights, please contact us and we will take action accordingly. Although we post ads from authentic and/or registered sources, we cannot assure that all postings are valid and legitimate. It is the sole responsibility of the user to be vigilant if any company asks for fees or money and beware of scammers. In no circumstances shall Quotes is no liable for any damages including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, or consequential damages or other losses arising out of the use of information from Quotes.