The breakdown of fat globules in the duodenum into the droplets, which provide a larger surface area on which the enzyme lipase can act to digest the fats into the fatty acids and glycerol is called the emulsification of fats.
Now, these emulsified fats are acted upon by the pancreatic lipase and intestinal lipase to break down into fatty acids and glycerol.
1. The human body needs a constant supply of protein to survive. The first organ of the digestive system that begins digesting protein chemically is the _______.
2. Below is the list of digestive organs with their functions. Which is not correctly paired?
a. Large – intestine – absorbs nutrients
b. Stomach – digest proteins
c. Small intestine – digests fats
d. Mouth – digest carbohydrates
3. Digestion is the process of converting food particles into usable forms to provide source of nutrients for the cells’ metabolic activities. Which of the following processes directly facilitate digestion of foods?
a. Grinding/chewing of food in the stomach and mucus production in the mouth
b. Mucus production in the esophagus and churning of food in the stomach.
c. Bile production and enzymatic actions in the small and large intestines.
d. Churning of food and enzymatic actions in the stomach.
4. If you are going to trace the flow of food bolus in the digestive tract, the correct sequence would be
a. esophagus, large intestine, small intestine, stomach
b. esophagus, stomach, large intestine, small intestine
c. esophagus, small intestine, stomach, large intestine.
d. esophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine.
5. Emulsification is the process of breaking fats into smaller droplets. This process occurs in the ______.
6. What is the best way to fight off diseases that can affect the digestive system.
a. Eat a balance diet regularly
b. Eat more fatty foods every meal.
c. Get plenty of sleep every day.
D. Always drink plenty of water
7. Which of the following is NOT a good health practice for the digestive system?
a. Observing proper posture when eating.
b. Doing a 30minutes daily run.
c. Get plenty of sleep everyday.
d. Drinking soda everyday.
8.Which of the following is not an accessory organ of digestion?
d. Salivary glands
9. Which process facilitates the transport of the final products from digestive system to the blood?
10. Which of the following is the correct sequence in the breakdown of food from the mouth to the rectum?
d. Chyme-bolus-dissolved nutrients-feces