Classification of Living Things
The broadest category in the Linnaean system is the kingdom. Figure above shows the Animal Kingdom because Homo sapiens belongs to that kingdom. Other kingdoms include the Plant Kingdom, Fungus Kingdom, and Protist Kingdom. Kingdoms are divided, in turn, into phyla (phylum, singular).
1. Which of the following taxonomic ranks is the broadest?
2. The scientific name of rice is Oryza Sativa. Which is the genus name of the organism?
c. Oryza Sativa
3. Nematocysts are stringing cells of animals belonging to phylum __________?
4. A group of similar organisms and capable of reproducing their own kind is called?
5. Which of the following does not belong to the group?